Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Whining and Complaining

     Whaaa Whaaa Whaaa. That's what this post is going to sound like.

     I hate that every single time I go to town, I feel over-dressed. And I don't even dress that nice. I usually get dressed and look in the mirror and tell myself that I look "too fancy". So I change and then when I get to town I am awkwardly out of place. C'mon Williston people... you don't have anything nice in your town, at least dress up for grocery shopping. You will feel happier. Maybe it will help get that scowl off your face.

     Men, wear ear protection at work. Maybe you can't hear how loud you are but I can hear you talking about me. Lower your voice. It's 9 a.m. and I have diapers and a cup of coffee in my cart. I'm probably not even going to blink your way. Scratch that. I'm NOT going to blink at all because my mind is filled with thoughts of you falling straight on your face.

     Williston- clean up your town. It's a dump and it was 3.5 years before the oil got big here. If you own a shop, maybe you should think of investing in painting your sign. I know you can afford it.

First thing you see of Ray. Appealing? 

     Ray- clean up your town. You get oil money for the town, time to fix your roads and make some sidewalks. The town doesn't look like it's been updated in 30-40 years. Surely there is more than enough money to make something nice out of it. The new playground equipment is really nice though and we really enjoy it!

     Yes, my husband works in the oilfield. Yes, we are from the South. Yes, we own a home here. Yes, I stay home with the kids. No, we are not going to stay here.

     Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed my time here so far. Ray is pretty quiet and nobody ever bothers us. I like that I can take the kids out on walks and Jackson can just roam around and only a couple cars will pass us. The spring/summer/fall is awesome, even though those seasons are jammed into 6 months, and sometimes out of order! The opportunities here are worth it.

    

    



    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment