Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

     This Thanksgiving I am thankful for a lot. But more than that, I am taking the day to realize what I take for advantage on a daily basis. I have more than most people and my husband gives his all every day. He excels at work and always does more than expected and he does it for our family. He sleeps 4-6 hours a night, for us. He gives up freedom, friendship, time off to relax to make a better life for us and I am sometimes not very understanding. He doesn't have time for hobbies but he always makes time for us. I need to be more thankful on a daily basis and glad I'm reflecting on what I can do to make him feel appreciated. He does everything for us.

     Jackson, one of the most tender-hearted little punks I know. He is always looking for a way to make you proud of him and likes to show off new things he's learned. He loves telling stories and they always make me smile when he just starts a-jabberin' away. His favorite stories recently are his trip on the airplane and when Papa took him to get his hair cut. When he smiles, you can't help but to smile back. When he whines it drives me nuts and I just need to remember that he is still a little boy and not a grown up!

     Caralee, a rowdy little girl. She likes to pretend that SHE is the boss of Jackson. She likes to take his toys just to get a rise out of him and then she drops the toys and takes off laughing. She likes to play dress-up and loves when I paint her toenails. She loves monsters and dinosaurs and makes funny faces all the time. Very outgoing, very fun. I need to do more one-on-one with her.

    The three people that live in my home, Sammy, Jackson and Caralee mean the world to me and I am thankful this Thanksgiving that I realize how selfish I can be when their needs should always go first.

     Oh yeah, turkey is gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment