Thursday, January 31, 2013

ARGHH.

     ARGHH. That is how I feel right now. I have been eating damn near close to PERFECT and exercising every day. I haven't eaten out and I haven't eaten late. I have been drinking a ton of water and cut back on caffeine a ton. I have not lost ONE pound. My pants still feel as tight(er) as they did almost a week ago. Talk about frustrating. What I wanted to do was to stuff my face. But luckily, I couldn't, because I quit buying snack foods. Thank goodness. 
     This past week I have done the Ripped in 30 a few days, took a rest day (still watched my calories) and then the elliptical today. I've been eating a lot of smoothies, salads and really limited my bread intake. Maybe I'm eating too little? I don't know. I eat when I'm hungry. I think I will start counting calories again to make sure I am getting enough. My smoothies are loaded with calories (from fruit, yogurt, whole milk, orange juice) and my salads have protein on them (turkey/ham slices, uncured pepperoni). I'm extremely frustrated. Not discouraged. I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong and fix it. 
     Want to know something funny? I put on my jeans (they were tighter than normal because I washed them. Holllaaaa to all ya'll who wear your jeans 4 or more times before washing). Anyways, I pulled out my skinniest pair of jeans and threw them on the bed. Just to torture myself I guess. I walked out of the room and when I walked back in I immediately thought "When did I buy those pants for Jackson?". My three year old. The pants looked so small to me, that they must NOT be mine. Whoa. That really put it into perspective for me. I need to do more. I need to really figure out what's going on because I SHOULD be losing weight. At least .1 lbs. At least. And I don't need to hear some bull crap about "building muscle". Because I can't tell a difference and my pushups are still as weak as a week or more ago. 
     And what am I going to blame this on? I'm going to blame it on the lack of sleep I've been giving myself. 5-6 hours a night isn't going to cut it and I know how important sleep is when you're trying to lose weight so I'm going to bed in T-minus 10 minutes. 
      So, tomorrow I will be counting my calories. I do it on myfitnesspal.com and my username is kfarnham9. Find me and help me be accountable. And also, I'm going to start running outside again. Maybe pair it with my Ripped in 30 DVD if I'm feeling lofty. 
     Anybody else feel like you're in a rut? What do you do to get out of it?! 


     Another problem I have is with meeting new people. I am really shy and hold back. I think I mentioned that in a previous post. My daughter had her first ballet class today. I felt awkward at first in the waiting room with the other mom's but in the short 45 minutes we were there I talked with a couple of the other mom's. And in my "normal" voice. ;) You know what I'm talking about, when you talk with the lady at the bank you use a different voice than when you're talking with your husband. I tend to do that with most people when I feel uncomfortable/nervous/shy. But today, I didn't hold back and even asked questions in conversation. 
Caralee practicing the day before her dance class. She LOVES it. 
And just to be fair. Here's a sweet picture I took of Jackson today. 


     

     

4 comments:

  1. hi there! I found your blog via "Clickin' Moms" as i am a member there too.

    Anyway, I know what you mean about eating healthy and losing weight. I have started a new eating healthy/excercise/drink more water, routine last month. We all want to SEE our results quick :) Do you measure as well or just go by the numbers you see on the scale? My issue is that I didn't measure in the beginning so I am only going by the scale and they say that is not really a good indicator. You could be losing inches even when you don't lose much (if any) weight!

    Also, have you tried green smoothies? I am on a healthy green smoothie kick right now (30 day challenge) and I think it helps a lot! Check out my blog and/or Pinterest if interested. Nice to meet you! :)

    Jen-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen E.! I do measure. And my measurements haven't changed. I go by both, the numbers on the scale and on the measuring tape. Normally just how tight my jeans are ;)

      Hahah- guess what!? Well, today I counted my calories and my smoothies are like 500-700 calories FOR ONE! And one day I ate FOUR of those bad boys. So, I basically ate double the calories I'm aiming for. I try to eat 1200-1500 a day.

      I'm going to check out your blog now. Green smoothies? Never heard of them. And a 30 day challenge. Right up my alley. Thanks for the comment and info!

      Delete
  2. Hi... I was on Pinterest and got to a recipe from lifeinwilliston.com and I saw your comment there. I clicked on the Williston blog because I grew up there and then I saw your comment and the words South Carolina and had to read further since my husband and I moved from ND to SC over five years ago (and are still here but thinking of moving back to ND soon). So I guess I just wanted to say... we are the opposite! I can't believe your husband flies those probably dreadful flights so often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HLK- Hi! That is too funny. Are you originally from ND? I live in the Greenville area (husband born and raised and me raised here). If you're close, shoot me an email! kfarnham9@gmail.com I love that girl's blog! So glad she's doing it, I love to read about other people's views on Williston. He definitely gets tired of doing those flights! Especially after a long night shift and then an early morning flight. He's actually in Texas right now for this hitch!

      Delete