Thursday, January 10, 2013

Overcoming Challenges

     Ya'll... I did it... I SKIPPED my late night post dinner, post workout fat snack. After I put the wild one's to bed around 8-8:30 I settle in on the recliner, turn on the TV and drink a cup of coffee and my favorite chocolate granola bar. Tonight, I settled in and picked up my bar and didn't eat it. I got up and put it back in the pantry. I almost ate it because I told myself I was just going to get up later and get it anyway. But it's an hour later and I do not want it. I made a cup of apple cider and drank a ton of water.  This is when I get motivated to get in shape. When I resist something I love because I'd rather be in shape. I also did not have any sweet tea or diet pepsi today.
 
   I ellipticalled for the first two days. Then for the past three days I have moved back to the Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 DVD. I love this DVD, can not say enough good things about it and have had really awesome results. It's shorter than the time spent on the elliptical, it works the whole body and Jackson and Caralee join in on the working out. If anybody wants to do the DVD with me, I have room for more people to workout and I will be doing it every evening around 7! Today I did level 3. My legs and arms are dying right now. By the end of the 20 minutes my arms were shaking doing sissy pushups  and my legs were shaking with every squat. It felt awesome. It really made me wish I hadn't of stuffed my face with dinner. It would have been a lot easier with less in my belly. Losing weight would be a lot easier if I was a bad cook. Below is my dinner.


     I had a serving of pork loin from the grill, rice, tomatoes, sweet potato (yes, with bad for you butter and brown sugar). And my fruit, which is on a MUCH smaller plate than dinner is just strawberries, pineapple and a little bit of banana. Yum. Breakfast was a smoothie. Lunch was a salad with turkey pepperoni and two pieces of thin sliced ham. I always skip salad dressing. But only because I hate all salad dressing aside from the oil and vinegar on the salad from Olive Garden. But that is it.      I also took my before pictures today. I never take them before I start losing weight. I always wait a week so I will actually be okay with looking at them later.        I had so much more energy and patience today. I am sleeping better and my fat jeans are not as tight. I know it's only been almost a week but I'm feeling better all around.      I ran into somebody the other day that I went to high school with who reads my blog sometimes. I was really glad to be stuffing my face with salad when she saw me instead of a big ole sandwich or burger or something! haha!! To know that I may be motivating somebody/anybody, motivates me. Yes, I want to feel better about myself for me, but it always is encouraging to hear it from somebody else. I know how draining it is on your self esteem and moods when you are unhappy with your body and I know how rewarding it is to feel good in your little sister's jeans. Transforming yourself is something to be proud of, it's hard. 
Kids Art Display
And my most recent pinterest project. Sammy isn't crazy about it but I LOVE IT. The kids love it and it was my first project where I went to the lumber part of Lowe's. I measured, I sanded and then I measured and marked to hang these things up. I even used a level. BIG DEAL. Directions found here
TIP:When needing to mark places on the wall, just dot it with an eyeliner pencil, it wipes right off afterwards if you need to move your mark. 

    



No comments:

Post a Comment