Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oilfield Women


Aundria and I

     One of the hardest things about living here is the friendships. The women that move in here with their husbands/fiances/boyfriends are awesome. The best women in the world come from the oilfield. That's the truth and I'm stickin' to it.  

     To follow the work and move around away from family is hard. And until you are more than a day's drive away your family and everyone/everything you love, you can't understand. The women who come up here are supportive. They obviously support their husbands, children, future, dreams and goals just in the fact of following into a life that would never be chosen. Is this the dream life? Heck no! And anybody who says it is, lies. And I don't like liars. Anyway, that support just overflows and spills into friendships. I have never had better friends than I do now. I trust these women with everything I have.

     These women are loyal. Even if you are enemies with one of their friends, they don't let that petty stuff come between your friendship with them. I respect that, you don't have to choose between friend A or B. It's not a clique. It's not about who is better. It's about being loyal to the women who are there and are the only ones who understand what you are going through on a daily basis. You think something is hard in your life? Well, I whined the other day about Sammy working nights and how it was "soooo hard". I look at one of my bestfriends... her husband works nights every single week. He has one full day off a week. I need to shut my mouth. I don't have it hard.

     I am confident that I am surrounded by ladies who would drop anything in a heartbeat if I were in trouble. Where if something happened to me or Sammy, they would dump what they were doing no matter where they were, what they were doing to care for my children. I love knowing my kids are going to be safe and my friends would treat my children just as well as if they were their own.

     These are just a few things. But what sucks about all these women? What is the biggest downfall to having the greatest friendships there are? Having to say good-bye. It's going to happen, to all of us. We all come from different places and all have plans of settling in different areas of the country.

     Tonight, I said good-bye to my first real friend since I moved to North Dakota. She is the sweetest, most out-going, kind, friendly, spontaneous, fun loving and awesome girl. She was always down for whatever. She didn't care. She was always smiling even when she is hurting/upset inside. I was driving by her old workplace this morning and it hit me... I may never see her again. As much as I want to, I just don't know. Our paths go in such opposite ways. And that makes me cry... really cry. I have tears right now. We didn't talk or hang out everyday but she was there. Always. We had so much fun this past summer and it's been an awesome time getting to know her. My favorite memory will always be stalking the Trace Adkins bus to find out what hotel he was staying at! :) My first concert ever. She is such a strong girl. I am so proud of her and so happy that she is doing what will ultimately make her the happiest. She has the opportunity to do ANYTHING with her life and I am just a teensy tiny bit jealous. I LOVE YOU SLAUNDRIA. I will never forget you and I can't wait to see all the awesome things you are about to do. No matter how long it takes you to get there.... procrastinator.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. My husband worked in the oil field services and I met some of my best friends through the people that worked there. They are the kind you will keep forever!

    ReplyDelete