Thursday, March 1, 2012

The GM Diet: Day 2

Starting Weight:           134.0
Morning of Day Two:   132.0
  • I weight in the morning before I eat/drink anything.
DAY 2:
     All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.

Day Two starts with a fix of complex carbo-hydrates coupled with an oil dose. This is taken in the morning for energy and balance. The rest of day two consists of vegetables which are virtually calorie free and provide essential nutrients and fibre.
-
copied and pasted from http://health-heaven.tumblr.com/post/17089615944/what-do-you-think-of-gms-diet

     Well by mid-evening yesterday I was craving the veggies. I didn't want to eat another bite of melon. And then here came the veggie day. I loved breakfast. I woke up an hour before my alarm just starving. I had a big ole bowl of steamed potato with pepper and a pat of butter.

Breakfast

    
      For lunch I steamed a mix of veggies. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and red onion (my favorite). It was the biggest plate of veggies I have ever eaten in my life and by the last bite I thought I was going to gag and I never wanted to see another veggie again. I wanted a steak. Actually, I still do. For dinner I plan on eating a salad full of veggies. I have been eating carrots and celery anytime I feel hungry. Oh yea, I cheated at playgroup. I had TWO goldfish. They were amazing. I don't feel guilty. It was so worth it.
Lunch

      How do I feel? Hmm, I feel cleaner. I have had cramps pretty much all day and I feel weak. And my brain feels fuzzy. These are some of the side effects though. I realized that this is a lot more than a "diet". Well, maybe I am just reaching for something deeper but this morning when I woke up an hour early, I got straight up. I didn't just lay in bed and surf the internet like I do every morning. I didn't feel sleepy at all. I'm pretty sure my hungry stomach would have beat me up if I had tried to lay in bed though. I got up, steamed my potato while I did my hair and makeup. After I ate, I cleaned. What!? I NEVER even think of cleaning before noon. We had to leave at 9 am to go to playgroup and by 8:15 I was just kinda wondering the house looking for something to do. The kids were ready and I was ready. Weird. I am usually scrambling out the door, fussing at the kids to get their butts in gear. I felt productive and positive.
      I feel ridiculous because I feel like I am constantly "talking to myself" in my head. Yesterday I was like "Ok self, just eat this last bite of mango. Just do it. Tomorrow is veggie day, easy peasy". And today I'm thinking "Ughhh, I don't want anymore veggies, I just want some pineapple!". I am not starving myself and anytime I am hungry, I eat. It's just mind over matter. It's me being spoiled with having a choice of foods to eat and not always choosing the best option. It's my habits telling me to just eat that bite of granola bar, it's not going to hurt anything. But I DON'T NEED that granola bar. It is not going to nurture my body anymore than the things this diet require. I don't need it. I just want it. I WANT foods that are bad for me but they are not going to help me at all. Anything I need to survive and live on is in this diet. Anything outside of that is just extra, unnecessary foods. Now, I'm not being all stuck up about it because when I am done with this diet I will go back to eating how I always do. I eat ice cream, but in healthy portions. I will have a bite of granola bar, but won't down 2 of them. I am able to "maintain" a weight for months. I am doing this diet to get me down to the point of where I want to maintain.
      This is hard to write because I feel so fuzzy and if part of it doesn't make sense, oh well. It's all part of the experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment