Monday, March 5, 2012

GM Diet Failure

Starting Weight: 134.0
Morning of Day Two: 132.0

Morning of Day Three: 131.0
Morning of Day Four: 130.0

Day 4:
     Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.
     Day Four, bananas, milk and soup sound the strangest and least desirable. You’re in for a surprise. You probably will not eat all the bananas allowed. But they are there for the potassium you have lost and the sodium you may have missed the past three days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You will be surprised how easy this day will go.
-copied and pasted from http://health-heaven.tumblr.com/post/17089615944/what-do-you-think-of-gms-diet

     I was looking forward to Day Four. I love bananas and drink milk throughout the day on a regular basis. Then I realized I had to drink three glasses of milk. I usually sip it. After choking down the first glass I decided to go ahead and drink the other two so I didn't have to think about it again. It was pretty gross. I ate 6 bananas by 6 p.m. and instead of the soup I just ate a variety of the veggies that the soup called for.

     Then, I went over to a friends house for dinner. And I ate about 1/2 serving of chicken manicotti. I had PLANNED on eating just a salad but something came up and the girl bringing the salad wasn't sure if she could make it or not. About 10-15 minutes after I ate, my stomach started to hurt and I felt queasy. About an hour later I started to get really light headed and felt like I was going to be sick. Sure enough, I was sick. I for sure thought it was the diet. I felt terrible. I felt like I made my body unhealthy and sick and since I told people about it, they were doing the same! I was pretty upset. It turns out, it was just a 24 hour flu bug and my son had it as well. That's what happens when you go to playgroups 3-4 times a week! I quit the diet because I did not want to have the flu on tomato and beef day. Sick nasty.

     All in all, I will recommend this diet as a great cleanse and a way to rid your body of anything unnatural. I think if used correctly it could be a great jumpstart to a healthy way of losing weight. You learn during those days that your body doesn't NEED processed foods. All your body needs is natural foods. That's what they were made for. Sure, I missed my granola bars but my body doesn't need those to be healthy and is much better off without them.

     I will probably do the GM Diet again down the road and wish I could have finished the whole thing to see how I really felt. I felt awesome on Day 4 and can only imagine if I kept feeling great, what Day 7 would have been like.

      Now, I'm going to get up and eat some scrambled egg whites with spinach, peppers and onion and a bowl of oatmeal. I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, what we need are natural kinds of food and not to eat a little to be fit and healthy. And you should couple it with exercise and right amount of sleep. Lastly, a strong motivation and dedication to living a well and healthy lifestyle can be a big help. =)

    Julene Mangrum

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may surely lose weight on that kind of diet, but the result won’t be healthy. This diet has no protein. You won't get your daily recommended allowance of vitamins and nutrients. You’ll most likely end up looking pale, sickly, and thin if this keeps up. And Julene is right, you need to match your diet with exercise and enough sleep. Divina Wicker @ Fitness Together Chagrin Falls

    ReplyDelete