Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Favorite Weightloss Tips

Dagum, check out those calves ;)

     I have a couple friends ask what I eat, what are some good pointers, what's the hardest part? And the most important: How to maintain?

What I Eat
I count calories on myfitnesspal.com. AWESOME FREE WEBSITE! USE IT. NO EXCUSES LAZY BUTT!


Breakfast:
  • 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 cup fat free Cheddar cheese and a serving of oatmeal with  1/2 Tbs. natural, unprocessed honey to sweeten it with 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. (Total Calories: 310) 
  • 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 cup fat free Cheddar cheese, chopped peppers, onion and spinach stuffed into a Kangaroo Whole Grain Pita Pocket. (Total Calories: 200)
  • Serving of Whole Grain oatmeal with unprocessed honey and a bowl of fruit
  • Caramel Greek Yogurt with a bowl of fruit
Lunch:
  • 2 slices Village Hearth 12 Grain Light bread, 5 slices of thinly sliced Oscar Meyer Mesquite Turkey, tomatoes, onion, pickles and spinach.(Total Calories: 135)
  • Grilled 1/2 Chicken Breast Salad with 1/4 cup fat free Cheddar Cheese, no dressing. (Total Calories: 230)
Snacks:
  • Fruit!
  • Veggies!
  • Pretzels
  • Goldfish
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Popcorn
  • Yogurt
  • 1/2 Grapefruit (usually eat 1.5 Grapefruits a day)
Dinner:
  • 1/2 chicken breast grilled or baked, 1.5 cups steamed veggies and a sweet potato with 1 Tbs. of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light. (Total Calories: 350)
  • 4 oz Rib-Eye Steak, 1.5 cups steamed veggies and a side salad, no dressing. (Total Calories: 280)
  • Grilled Tilapia, 1.5 cups steamed veggies and a 1/2 baked red potato with 1 Tbs. Of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light. (Total Calories: 330)
Pointers
  • Drink TONS of water. When you get bored with it, squeeze a lemon, lime, orange anything in it.
  • If you are full after eating, wait 20 minutes. Studies show it takes that long for your body to feel full.
  • NEVER skip breakfast.
  • Research the food you are eating. Don't just see it's "low calorie" and choose it.
  • Realize what portions are. You may think a chicken breast is a serving... cut that in half. A serving of meat should be the size of a deck or cards.
  • When eating out, ask for a box when you ask for your drinks. As soon as your meal arrives, sort out your portion and put the rest in the box.
  • Take it one meal at a time. If you over-eat for lunch don't think of it as a ruined day and you'll just "pick it up tomorrow". Take it as "I screwed up lunch but I can do it right for dinner!"
  • Snacking, usually happens because you are bored. You're not really hungry, I promise. And if you want to snack, choose wisely! Carrots are good. I choose frozen fruit because they take a while to eat because you have to eat them one by one or **BRAIN FREEZE** and by the time you're done, you're full and your brain is done telling you to snack.
  • Get off your butt. The hardest part to working out is actually starting it. I will put my DVD playing in the background and put my work out clothes on and say "Ok, I AM working out in 30 minutes". After the first 5 minutes, you will be more excited to do it.
  • Find a work out you love and don't over-do it.
  • Don't get all hardcore at the beginning. Take it slow and steady. <--That might just be the lazy in me talking.
  • Do not set unrealistic goals.
  • Set small goals, monthly or bi-weekly goals. That way, you will reach a goal and feel proud and it will make it a lot easier to keep going on.
  • Oh, and my favorite tip. Get on pinterest and search "fitness", those skinny minny girls that pop up will make you want to work out!

Maintaining
  • I am not the best person to ask because I am still in "weightloss" mode. Since I have JUST reached my goal, my mindset hasn't changed.
  • What I plan to do is to just up my calories consumed to about 1500 a day and exercise daily. I am SO excited for spring, summer so I can get outside. I love walking and running outside is 'OK'. I am BURNT out from being inside and working out.
If you have any questions, just ask! kfarnham9@gmail.com or comment here! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment