Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The GM Diet: Day 1

Before: 134.0 lbs.

     GM (General Motors) created this diet in 1985 to motivate and help to get/keep their employees in shape. It's a "fad diet" and I have never done one of these as I really don't believe in diets. However, I have 5-10 more pounds until my absolute goal weight and every day the number on the scale taunts me. So, I am doing this as a kick start. And.... because I am too lazy to work out super hard to get it off. I like to walk. I am tired of working out. If I lose 3 pounds, I will be 100% satisfied.

  DAY 1:
     All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.
- copied and pasted from http://health-heaven.tumblr.com/post/17089615944/what-do-you-think-of-gms-diet

     I love fruit. I love fresh, frozen, canned, dried and baked fruit. But ONLY eating fruit today was HARD! Really hard. When I give Jackson his granola bar I usually take a big bite out of it. Today I raised that granola bar to my mouth and remembered *gasp*, no nibble of granola bars for a week. I don't know if I can survive. I did have a teaspoon bite of vanilla ice cream. I know, I should re-start my entire diet but whatev. I've eaten an entire melon, an apple, 1/2 bag of frozen mango, 1/2 bag of frozen pineapple, 4/5 cups of frozen blueberries, a cup of frozen raspberries and 1/2 carton of strawberries. When I feel hungry, I grab a bottle of water and drink it. That holds the hunger off. And if I'm tired of the water, I drink black coffee.

     How do I feel? I feel great. I feel motivated and I can't WAIT until tomorrow morning when I get to steam that potato. Seriously though, I feel healthier. Looking in the mirror, there was an obvious lack of bloating. I don't feel like I'm starving my body of anything or missing out on anything. Sure, I would rather eat a pita pocket but that pita pocket is going to be there in a week when I finish this. I'm well aware that these diets work, and I have researched this one and have seen very good results. But, the hardest part will be to keep those pounds off. That's where I feel like I'm ahead of the game. I have had over a year to work on my eating habits and to know what it is good for my body. I have the will power to Just Say No to food. Besides, I haven't seen 12_ since I was probably in 5th grade. If I see a 2 as that middle number on the scale, I will flip.

    Excited to see what tomorrow holds and hopefully I can Just Say No to those yummy Goldfish at the kids' playgroup tomorrow! My weakness.

Started this diet at 134.0 lbs. At the end of the 7 days I will take a picture in the same place, same outfit to see if there is any noticeable differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment