Friday, January 25, 2013

Off My Wagon

139 and I am FINE WITH THAT! (yes, I wear that cardi multiple times a week)

    So, Sammy works out of town and when he comes back in town, I get out of my routine. Which is fine. I struggle for a day with not being the main boss of the house but then it's all good. But, we eat out. A lot. Because he doesn't get to eat good food at work and because we both just like to eat. And I like using his week(s) at home as an excuse to relax, go out to eat and just hang out. I definitely have the time to workout and make good decisions when he is home but I choose not to. So we go to Olive Garden at lunchtime when Jackson is at school and eat (even if I just eat a soup/salad, those damn breadsticks get to me). 
    I am gonna be real honest with ya. I am off my own wagon. I didn't just fall off, I fell off, got ran over and it left me 6 miles behind. I don't think I've stepped on the scale in days because I already know I haven't lost any weight. I haven't worked out in DAYS. I have gone to Wild Wings TWICE in like, a week. I ate chicken wings on the bone. And I love their sweet tater fries. And I eat the whole basket while I'm sipping on sweet tea. I have no shame. That place is good. 
     I have been more careful about what I eat when I know I'm not going to work out. If I know I'm going to eat out that night, I usually just eat a smoothie for breakfast and a salad for lunch and PIG OUT for dinner. When Caralee and I stopped for lunch, we split a 1/2 salad 1/2 sandwich deal. I don't know if this is me trying to justify my eating/not working out but whatever. It helps me sleep at night. Extra roll and all.
     So, now I'm ready to quit being lazy about my exercising and get back to it. HAHAHAAA <-- I actually '"lol'ed" when I thought about my goal of 133 by Valentine's Day. I am not going to be anywhere CLOSE to that. And you know what? That's okay. Not a big deal. Because I am learning to be happy with me, no matter what I look like. And being 7 lbs. over my goal is NOT the end of the world. I have been there, where all I could think about was losing weight. It consumed me and ruined many days. When I stepped on the scale and cried because it wasn't where I wanted to be. Where I was grumpy to my family because I was unhappy of my appearance. And I wish I could go back and tell myself that it is all part of the journey. There will be pauses, you will get off track and be mad because you want instant gratification. But just stop, get your fat pants on, smile and try again. You only really fail if you don't try. And pausing and getting off track is not failing. It's just part of your journey. So enjoy those hot wings, sweet tater fries and drink that sweet tea. And try again at your next meal.
     This is the first time that I have "paused" on my journey and been 100% okay with it. I don't feel like a failure. I just feel like a real person.
     So to make this short and sweet (and yes, I know you've heard this a million times), be happy with who you are. What you are at this minute is not going to change overnight, it takes time. Don't spend time being pissed about a number on a scale.
      **Confession: My biggest pig out was at a Thai Fusion restaurant. Yea, just imagine. Nom nom.

And just for funsies:

Jackson: being sweet so I will read his bedtime story
Caralee: having a pretend picnic
Sammy: my handsome hubby. :)
You can follow me on instagram: kfarnham9    for more pictures of all the cuties above. And food pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment